Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Back in Wisconsin...but there's more

I just got back home. I want to remind everyone that I have more stories to write so please keep checking out this site. It may be a day or so until I get the next story up. I have to return to my Real job tomorrow and we are heading into the busiest 5 days of the year at work. So I'll try to write what I can but I will be working some long days ahead. Enough of that. On to saying Thank You!

First off you may or may not be aware that this project was made possible by donations from blog readers. Many gave generously to pay my expenses. (I didn't take any pay) And I want to thank each of you for your donation. You made this possible. I can never thank you enough but ...Thank You.

Thank you to the other women who worked on this site...Vicki, NYMary and Erin. They took this from just a mere comment to an idea to a full fledged project. They were in the background setting up the site, taking care of the donations, supporting me and blogwhoring the heck out of the place. Thank you .....you Wonderful Moonbats!

I want to thank all the other blogs that linked to the site. I am afraid that if I were to attempt to list you all I may leave someone out. Please know that I respect your taking the time to link and doing what you can to bring attention to the people of New Orleans. ThankYou.

And then there is lb0313. What a wonderful woman and New Orleanian. She offered her home, life and friends to a total stranger. Now we are friends and that has been the greatest gift. Without her this trip just would not have been possible...Period. She cared for me, humored me, taught me, fed me the best damn food on earth and made it possible for me to fall in love with her city. Thank you lb

Finally thank you to the people of New Orleans who trusted me enough to tell me their stories. I hope I have done you justice. And I hope we in the blogosphere will not forget you and continue to help in any way we can as you rebuild. I know I will be doing just that. You certainly deserve better than what you have received thus far.

OK this is sounding like a bad Academy Award speech so play the music and give me the hook... I just wanted to say thanks.

Finally (really) to Nancy....thank you for caring for Teddy so I wouldn't worry.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Scout for all you have written and will continue to write about Katrina and its aftermath. You make me proud to be a Wisconsinite. Keep up the good work and welcome home!

10:58 PM  
Blogger geor3ge said...

Scout, thanks for your brilliant work.

11:28 PM  
Blogger spocko said...

FYI Scott, check your email, a Times Picyune reporter wants to talk to you about Lakeview.
Spocko

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Scout.
And welcome home.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1141802754126640.xml

This is the reason the city of New Orleans flooded and why it is the responsibility of the federal government to correct it in every way possible.

8:44 AM  
Blogger dave said...

So, Scout, have you thought of compiling all your stories and particularly your video onto a CD or DVD? Drop me a line if you need any help...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Scott in Montreal said...

You've done a tremendous job, Scout. The thanks goes to you. This ride has been a course in Blogging 101. This is an achievement in contemporary storytelling - and these are stories that so desperately need telling, too. No MSM reporter could've done better.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home